The Canon imageCLASS MF6180dw offers outstanding versatility and performance.
Combine all of your print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device with the imageCLASS MF6180dw. This wireless1, black and white laser multifunction printer is equipped with a broad range of features that can enhance productivity and improve office workflows.
Advanced technologies such as Secure Print and Send technology can help to enhance document control. With Secure Print users can be sure that their sensitive documents will only be released when a unique code is entered into the device, ensuring that the document will end up in the right hands. Send technology will allow users to send scanned documents and forward received faxes through email or file server. Additionally, the MF6180dw features Department ID Management, allowing device usage to be monitored and controlled.
With fast print and copy speeds of up to 35 pages per minute2, a front-loading 250-sheet cassette3 and Single Cartridge System that combines all components including toner, drum and finishing unit users will have more time to focus on their daily tasks. For larger paper handling needs there is a 500-sheet cassette3available. The MF6180dw supports a variety of printer languages including UFRII LT, PCL and PostScript Emulation.
The MF6180dw features a broad range of mobile capabilities for professionals that are constantly on the go. With Apple AirPrint™5 users can print directly from their iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Additionally, the MF6180dw is compatible with Google Cloud Print™6 which allows users to print from their mobile device or computer using Google Cloud Print enabled apps.
Up to 35ppm (1-sided plain paper letter)2
First Print Time
(1200 x 600 dpi quality)
Maximum Print Size
Direct Print from USB
Duplex Copy Speed
First Copy Time
Maximum Number of Copies
ADF: 5.5 x 5 to Legal
2 on 1
4 on 1
ID Card Copy
181 coded dials
9600 x 9600 (interpolated)
ADF: 5.5 x 5 to Legal
Output File Formats
Push Scan (Scan to pC)
Scan to Email
Scan to SMB
Paper Handling Specifications
Standard Paper Source(s)
Optional Paper Source(s)
16-43 lb. bond (multipurpose tray)
Connectivity and Software Specifications
WiFi Access Mode
WiFi Authentication Methods
WiFi Encryption Modes
WPS Easy Setup Support Methods
Embedded Web Server (Remote UI)
Web Browser Support for Remote UI
TCP/IP Set of Application Services
Network Management Protocols
During Operation: Approx. 550W
Standby: Approx. 9W
Energy Saver: Approx. 2.6W
Typical Energy Consumption
Unit Weight (without/with cartridge)
42.1 lbs. (w/cartridge)
Cartridge 119II (Yields approximately 6,400 pages)
Single Cartridge System
*Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard
Department ID Management
1. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
3. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
4. Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the App Store and Google Play. Compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, the new iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad running OS 6.0.1 – 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 – 4.2.2.
5. AirPrint™ functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint™-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6. Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
7. May vary depending on the output environment.
8. Letter size, after being restored from energy saver mode.
9. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
10. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
11. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
12. User may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to www.canonbandung.com/support and searching your model under “Drivers & Software”. For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.